Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Gift - small scene.

Author's note: The events in this chapter are all completely true except for the fact of Kat-tun being there. I ended up blacking out at Chapters along Macleod Tr in Calgary yesterday. So I decided to make it into a scene for The Gift. Enjoy!

I had decided to meet up with Justin to grab tickets for the up coming St. Patrick's day show on the 17th. Driving up to Sait took me an hour. The roads were covered in snow and bad to drive on. The ice was thick under the blanket and motorists were going no more than 50 KM down 90th ave and 14th street, both jammed with traffic. Sick of the radio stations, I turned it off, and unwinded my Ipod headphones. Being stuck in traffic gave me a chance to make a tiny play list consisting of Miyavi and Gackt. Miyavi's Oresama Shikou was the first to come on. Bobbing my head, I sang along with what I could understand.
Finally I got onto 16th Ave and made it to Sait. I was early, about a half hour early but it didn't bother me. I said 10 so I took the time to try to write down some things. 10 came and I went to the Highwood to call Justin considering I didn't have a cell phone. I used the Curtesy phone. The lady gave me a strange look when I looked at my hand for the number. With the way I was dressed maybe I looked like a druggy? Nah.
Justin didn't pick up so I left a message telling him where I was and that I would wait for a half hour. If he didn't come, I understood. He was at school.
Thanking the lady, I walked back to my car, pulling the hoodie over my head. It was fucking cold outside, the wind piercing at my skin on the other side of the fabric. 2 shirts and a hoodie didn't cut it.
Slamming the car door shut I started the car right away, putting it from first into neutral so I could write while I waited. He never came, and I shrugged my shoulders. "Next Time for sure!"
The Drive back to my House in the south took a little longer. Traffic was heavy going back, and it took longer. I had a lunch date with some co-workers and I was going to be late. Neither of them picked up their phones so I said fuck it. They were not going to come. I decided to go look for some books that I wanted. Myths & Legends oj Japan and Etiquitte Guide to Japan. Chapters was the closest, so I drove there.
The drive was slow, as usual for Calgary roads. The climate was changing, the snow coming more often. I continued to listen to the short playlist I made, the radio not playing anything good.
Finally parking at the Chapters, I double checked to see if I had the gift card and membership card. I had them, and got out of the car. My body twitched, which was nothing unusual but bothered me anyways. It was quiet when I stepped in.
First thing was first. I looked for the two books I wanted with no luck. Checking the computer beside the Manga section proved to be unawarding. Every location was sold out. Damn.
The Manga section was the next stop. I looked for Bleach, Vampire Knight and Parasyte. Nothing that I already had was there.
I went everywhere in the store, walking from end to end many times. I continuously walked past a man who worked there. With how I was walking, I probably seemed to be following him. Creepy.
Midway through, I saw the Astronomy section and looked there. There was many books on planets, stars, and constellations. What got me was the book that had all of it in one, that was a price of $27 bucks. It was heavy too. I adjusted the collar of my hoodie, feeling hot.
Ueda had come up behind me, covering my eyes with his hands. I jumped, not knowing it was him until he spoke.
"Hey Serena. What are you doing here? I thought you had a lunch date." Removing his hands, I finally saw him, and gave him a slap on the arm. "Ueda-san! You scared me! Yes.. I did have a lunch date but I tried to call them to tell them I would be late but they never picked up."
Ueda slipped the sunglasses down his nose. "Naruhodo, So ka. Gomen nasai Neko-chan."
"Daijobou Ueda-san."
I noticed that he had a couple of books ranging from history to Manga. Looks like he found some good ones.
"Oi, Neko-chan, Ogenki desu ka?" Ueda could see the shakes from her, and it worried him. She was also more pale than normal.
"Hai! Honto ni daijobou kai!" I didn't want to tell him. I was already paranoid as hell that he would see it. "Ah! Gomen Ueda-san. I have a meeting to go to. I better go pay for this right now." I didn't let him respond, and just hurridly made my way to the front. Ueda stood behind, just watching my back.
There was three clerks and 4 people ahead of me. I knew it wouldn't take long. The little girl with her Mother was in front, and she kept looking back at me while I skimmed through the book. I looked up, and gave her a small smile before her mother led her to the clerk in front of her. Closing the book, my shakes didn't get any better. I could feel my head pounding in my chest. The clerk called me up, then everything went black.

It was like a dream when I opened my eyes. The pixilation and the blurryness. My first thought was that I was at home dreaming. When I saw the tall far away roof and the night hanging down on the left, my second thought was 'where?'
Ueda was shaking me the whole time. It took me at least 10 second to realize it was him. Then the pain in the back of my head hit me like a brink to the face. the nausea following. I rolled over on my side, my hands holding my head. Tears fell from the pain, and they didn't stop. Ueda continued to call my name over and over. I didn't respond back, the pain too much. I could hear the Chapter's ladies on the phone with the parimedics. They were asking me questions that Ueda responded too concidering the fact I could barely talk loud enough. What seemed like 30 seconds was actually a minute and a half until the Paramedics arrived. Ueda was holding my hand even when they pushed him to the side.
"Did you hit your head?" the small muscular paremedic with glasses and short spikey hair pulled out his equipment and began to check my bloodpressure and pulse.
"Ya..." I squeezed Ueda's hand, and looked up at him. "Please..don't tell Darcy..Ueda-kun"

No comments:

Post a Comment